Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Christmas Book

Every year the primary class participates in writing a book which is published through Student Treasures Publishing. This year our theme is "Christmas is..." Our books will be back before we leave for Christmas break, and they make a great gift for family members. However, we understand and respect that our class is comprised of students of various faiths. Please send me a message separately if you are uncomfortable with your child participating in a Christian themed class book.

For more about the process and Student Treasures Publishing, check out the video below.

We enjoyed our library visit today! We started with an apple craft, read some books about apples and we had a tour of the children's room. Some of the library card applications came back because either there was already a card issued for you, some of the information was missing on the form, or the card needed to be renewed. I put those applications in the kids' backpacks with a note on them. Please be sure to update these ASAP.  I allowed those students to check out books with my personal card; however, please return the books to me by the 24th so I can renew them 😊.  These are some pictures from our visit today:



Thank you to those of you who have already selected a time to meet through Sign-Up Genius. If you did not receive the link via email please let me know. I look forward to meeting with all of you soon!

By popular demand, we will start "Show and Tell" next week.  Each Friday students are encouraged to bring something from home to share with the class. We will alternate weeks with a book or a toy. I will make a note on the homework sheet as to which week it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment